Skip to main content

Falooda

Falooda







Hello friends,

One of the most famous summer dessert is falooda ice-cream or falooda kulfi.Today I have prepared falooda with vanilla ice cream.It was on my list to do for sometime and finally I made it.It tasted yum and delicious.This is a simple recipe just you have to do a bit of preparation beforehand.Below I have given step by step recipe of falooda.I will surely add step by step pictures some other day till then follow the steps and prepare yummy falooda for yourself and your family.






Recipe-

1st step

Make rosemilk.In boiled &cooked milk add rose syrup or rooafzah and few spoons sugar.Let it cool in fridge.

2nd step

Boil some sevaiyan/semiya/vermicelli in water.After it is cooked drain and let it cool in fridge.I used normal upma vermicelli /semiya.The original falooda used sevaiyan made of cornflour  but this works fine mostly during this covid lockdown.

3rd step

Take 1 tbsp sabja seeds/chia seeds and soak in water for 20-30 minutes.then keep in fridge.

4th final step of assembling

When you are ready to serve take a glass.Firstly add some soaked chia seeds  then boiled vermicelli next rose milk.Then add some fresh fruits.I added banana and mango pieces Top it with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream,jellies(I used pieces of mixed fruit jam to give colour and taste),some chopped nuts,fresh fruits.Falooda ready.






Do try this recipe in your kitchen.
Thanks for reading.
If you tried the recipe and it came good do send pictures at sudhacooks@gmail.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amla Achaar/Gooseberry Pickle

 Instant Amla ka Achar/ Instant Gooseberry Pickle Today sharing an instant gooseberry pickle also called Amla ka achar. This is an easy recipe.I have learnt this recipe from my mother in law. She uses oil to cook the gooseberries and also soak spices and salt in the same oil.This gives longevity and enhances the taste of the pickle. INGREDIENTS: Amla/Gooseberry-250 g Red chillies - 12 - 13 ( as per your taste) Methi dhana / Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp Hing  / Asafoetida  - 1 tsp Turmeric - 1 tsp Oil - 6 -7 tbsp refined oil  Salt - to taste Step by step recipe  Grind red chillies and Fenugreek  seeds to coarse powder.    Dry roast red chillies  and fenugreek seeds  in a wok / Kadai. Cook the gooseberries till they are 90 percent cooked and are soft to touch. One can use a fork to check whether it's cooked or not. Wash and clean 200- 250 g gooseberries/ amlas and dry it with clean cloth.There must not be any moisture. Heat 6 - 7 tbsp oil in Ka...

CHANA DAL

CHANA DAL/CHOLAR DAL (Bengali Style) Hi friends, I have tried making Chana dal in Bengali style.It did come very good with good taste and flavour.Hope you like it.In traditional Bengali cooking sugar is also added but I have avoided it according to my family taste .Instead I have added garlic to give more flavour to my dal. Ingredients Chana dal-2 cups (Perfectly boiled although retaining its shape) Turmeric-1tsp Whole red chilli-2 Green chillies -2 (slit) Cumin/Jeera-1/2 tsp Coconut pieces-a little Water-as needed Ginger-1/2 inch grated Garlic-3-4 grated Tomato-1 small Ghee-1/2 tsp for taste Oil-1 tbsp Garam masala-1 tsp Salt as per taste Heat oil and add jeera,whole red chillies,green chillies and coconut pieces and fry them. Add tomatoes and saute till they are soft. Add boiled dal and mix well. Add water if the consistency is too thick. Add salt according to tast...

MULLU MURUKKU /MUTHUSARAM/MURUKKU

MULLU MURUKKU / MUTHUSARAM Though instant food like biscuits,cookies,cakes have taken over our tastebuds one cannot deny that our traditional murukku,chakli ,gathiya have their own importance.If served alongwith a plate of biscuits and cookies our traditional fare will win hands down.The only thing that does not allow us to try these traditional stuffs is hardwork,time and yes oil.But then cookies and bicuits too have their share of butter and flour.Today I am sharing a no fail recipe of ''Mullu Murukku'' also known by other names like ''murukku'',''muthusaram'' etc.Ofcouse this is a traditional South Indian recipe made in everyhousehold as evening snacks .Its also specially made during festivals like marriages,Janmashtami,Diwali etc.As Janmastami is nearing I decided to share it with all of you. My mother-in -law is a good cook.She is particularly very good in making these bakshanams,palaharams,traditional savouries.So I...